Friday, March 16, 2007

A Letter To My Dad

Dear Dad,

In the last year my mind has been in turmoil thinking about you. There are so many unanswered questions. Like why would you tell Patience (one of my sisters) my life story and not tell my anything about her? Why did you only leave Patience money and not Nathan and I ? I thought that we were the closest. Well this lettter is my closure. In my dream, in your final moments, you called out to God and confessed that you were a sinner and you wanted to be forgiven. I pray that you are in heaven with my recently lost baby (your grandbaby) and the two of you are playing, laughing, and having a good time. Please hold her like you have never cuddled any baby before because I miss her so much. I know God Had a reason to take the two of you so soon but it is still very hard to come to terms with. After this letter I will turn it over to Him and let the Lord comfort me. I Love you daddy and I miss you!!!!




Greatly Missed
A Fathers touch, A Daddy's kiss,
A grieving Daughter, You're greatly missed.

An empty house, An empty chair,
A fathers love, No longer there.

A broken heart, Tear filled eye,
Another soul to fill the sky.

Many memories in my mind,
Some I laugh, Some I cry.

The times we shared, The laughs we had,
Things I miss when I think of you Dad.

Realizing that's all I have to hold on too,
Only memories, Of what once was you.

Missing your laugh, I will never again hear.
That is the reality that fills me with so much fear.

No more smile on your face,
No more warmth of your embrace.

The last hug, The last kiss,
The last "goodbye" leaves me with one last wish...

To have you Dad, here today,
Never to leave your Daughter this way.

A Father's touch, A Daddy's kiss,
A grieving Daughter, YOU'RE GREATLY MISSED!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP