Sunday, January 11, 2009

Scripture Sunday

This is a new series I am starting today. I will take bits and parts of my devotionals, Bible studies, the sermon that is perched at church or on the radio. I hope and pray that you learn something and enjoy this new series.

Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

So do you have true joy in you life? Do you want to know how to get it? Well, I'll tell you. If you want true joy in your life, turn joy into an acronym. J.O.Y and it stands for, Jesus first, others second, yourself last. If more people followed this acronym the world world be a much happier and peaceful place.

So I have a girlfriend in California and I was chatting with her on the phone a couple months ago. I was explaining to her that I was reading the house rules for the Duggar Family
and that is where I found that acronym. Then she said, "I teach my chilren that but I just can't get them to follow it." Then I told her that the reason her children will not follow that acronym is because she and her hubby need to set the example. I am just as gulity about not setting the example. Our children deffintly learn most of what they pick up from their parents.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP